The Open Group: Leading the development of open, vendor-neutral IT standards and certifications
The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through IT standards. With more than 500 member organizations, we have a diverse membership that spans all sectors of the IT community — customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators and consultants, as well as academics and researchers to:
- Capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, and establish policies and share best practices.
- Facilitate interoperability, develop consensus, and evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies.
- Offer a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia.
- Operate the industry’s premier certification service.
The Open Group Vision
Boundaryless Information Flow™ achieved through global interoperability in a secure, reliable and timely manner.
The Open Group Mission Statement
The mission of The Open Group is to drive the creation of Boundaryless Information Flow™ achieved by:
- Working with customers to capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, establish policies, and share best practices.
- Working with suppliers, consortia and standards bodies to develop consensus and facilitate interoperability, to evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies.
- Offering a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia.
- Developing and operating the industry's premier certification service and encouraging procurement of certified products.